Posts Tagged ‘work’
Are you wondering what it would be like owning your own business? Have you been preoccupied with these thoughts over the years? Have you worked year after year for someone else, but feel like entrepreneurship is within you, but just haven’t made that commitment to step out? Here are 5 of the top reasons people step out toward owning their own business.
1. One of the most popular reasons for owning your own business is people want to find a balance between their work life and personal life. Too often, people spend so much time in their jobs, their family life suffers. Owning your own business, maybe even one that allows families to work together on the business venture, can bring families closer together. That is, provided all share in that passion. It can also teach children entrepreneurship.
2. People want to control their work environment. They get fed up with having to put up with co-workers who are always negative, slack off in their work responsibilities or don’t even show up to work half the time. People with zero work ethics.
3. People want to call the shots. They know how things will work more harmoniously and owning their own business allows them to make those decisions. It can be very rewarding.
4. People can develop a business around their passions and strengths.
5. People want greater control over their financial future. Many do not like the insecurity of the economy, manager or company politics that could land them on the street without a job at anytime.
What Type Of Business Should You Own?
Whatever the reason, if you are thinking it is time to make that committed step out into entrepreneurship, here are a few things to consider. Of course, the biggest thing is what? What type of business should you start? There are many possible answers for this. Here are a few questions to get you started.
1. What is your passion? What do you really enjoy doing? Start with that. Don’t worry about training or education yet. Just answer the question. If you are going to truly be committed to making your own business work, then you have to love going to work each day. The trick is to love it enough that it just doesn’t seem like work.
2. Write your passion (s) down, put a circle around it, then brainstorm potential ways to make money from your passion. Let this flow from you. Don’t reason things out as you are doing this. Just let your ideas flow freely. As you are doing this, draw a line from your circled passion, with a circle on the other end of the line with your idea in it. This exercise will get the creative part of your brain flowing more freely. Do this for at least 5 minutes, longer if ideas are still flowing.
3. Now, what is the main thing that has brought you satisfaction in your work life. Maybe it is fulfilling the needs of your client, maybe it is figuring things out with solutions that help things run more efficiently, maybe it is keeping things organized or maybe it is helping others you work with… Try to come up with at least 5 things that have consistently brought you satisfaction in your work. Whatever the work was or is doesn’t really matter. This is about you, not the work. If you are having trouble with this, you could write down “what brings me satisfaction at (write down where ever you are working now)” and draw a circle around it. Like the exercise above, let things just flow out from that without trying to think too much. Read the rest of this entry »
Small businesses are these days preferred by many individuals rather than jobs. They need to work for about 6 to 8 hours per day and get limited salaries. They can plan their own time and work towards gaining substantial profits if they start their own business. You can start a business even if you just have any small business idea but you don’t have any ready capital. It is so because many banks offer you loans to start your businesses.
You can take a personal loan or a business loan or a mortgage loan too. The banks review your business and idea and do their own research and evaluate the feasibility of the idea. If they think your business proposal can work, they provide you a business loan on the basis of certain terms and conditions. Therefore, you can put your small business ideas to use very easily. Given below are some small business ideas.
1. Business planner:
It is one of the most exciting jobs that one ever can do. You have to actually plan out the business strategies for your client and help him or her gain maximum profits. To start this business though, you need some expert knowledge about start up businesses. You should know all about the financial transactions and other important aspects.
2. Event organizer:
If you have the skill to organize things, you can definitely go for event organizing as your business. People need event organizers to organize marriages, receptions, meetings, trips and all other things that need planning. You can act as the planner and plan out the things foe them considering their financial capacity. This can be the most exciting job that one can ever get. Along with the knack of organizing things, one needs to be creative in mind to organize events in the most elegant way.
3. Public relations:
If you are good at pursuing people, you can start your own business as a public relations official. In this job you need to organize press releases or press conferences. You need to be the link between the media and the public on one side and the events on the other side. As a public relations official you act as a perfect link between the company and its customers. A public relations career is extremely respected everywhere and there is a lot of money in this business.
4. Computer repair:
You can start computer repairing business if you have taken a hardware course. You can also hire experienced computer repairmen and build a team of them. Computer repairing is as easy as any household repairing work. But you should definitely see to it that you have a degree that goes with your business or you can get caught into scandals even if you are perfect at your work.
Thus, one can easily start a small business instead of doing a job. It is not necessary that one should follow ideas already used by people but, one can also innovate and develop new ideas to start a small business.